- Original Message -----
  From: Karl Newman
  To: Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists)
  Cc: Talk Openstreetmap
  Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 2:28 PM
  Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Large Hadron Collider at CERN now in OppenStreetMap

  On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 1:57 AM, Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> wrote:

    Its not perfectly positioned and I think the circumference is a tad short
    but I made a reasonably good insert of the CERN LHC (and SPS) into the
    database last night in time for the first full circle beam test of the LHC,
    which has just successfully completed. So, for anyone wanting to know
    exactly where the two accelerator rings are in the world it's now possible
    to point them to OpenStreetMap. Another first for community mapping :-)

    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=46.2731&lon=6.073&zoom=12&layers=0B00FTF

    I hope the data made the planet dump (JIT), in which case it should appear
    also on the Mapnik layer shortly.

    For now the two rings are tagged with highway=trunk and highway=primary
    respectively. They also carry tunnel=true of course. There are a couple of
    big notes tagged as well that confirm the highway tag is less than ideal and
    that something better needs to be used. But for now, since they don't
    connect with the road network I don't think anyone will be routing over them
    ;-)

    enjoy

    Cheers

    Andy

  Not sure if you should be chastised for tagging for the renderer or commended
for the PR effort :-P

  Karl

Definately commended. It gets my vote for next weeks featured image.

David