Hi,

Shaun McDonald wrote:
> You shouldn't be doing mass changes in data, unless you are absolutely
> certain of what you are doing.

True, but Stefan is right, it was possible before to change a certain
KEY for a group of objects without affecting the VALUE. If this is not
possible anymore, then someone working on the whole autocompletion magic
has broken it ;-)

fullquote to josm-dev.

> On 13 Sep 2008, at 14:48, Stefan Neufeind wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> in the past I'm quite sure that e.g. in case multiple nodes had tags
>> "amenityyy" (with spelling-error) you could simply select them all at
>> one and rename to "amenity". JOSM showed the values as "<different>"
>> during editing, but surely kept the original values after clicking
>> okay.
>>
>> However that is not the case anymore. You get <different> when
>> editing,
>> and the individual values are removed from all nodes, thus resulting
>> in
>> "<different>" being the new value. That effectively destroys data in
>> the
>> database :-(
>>
>> Not sure how many data is already affected.
>>
>> Maybe somebody knows what caused this and could come up with a quick-
>> fix?
>>

>> Regards,
>>  Stefan

Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"