On Wednesday 17 September 2008 08:34:33 Hendrik T Voelker wrote:
> > All established relations
> > seem to use k='type' v='something' to indicate what kind of relation it
> > is.
>
> Yes, I have seen that. Because of that I had include the question.
> Nonetheless I think that it's redundant, as the existence of a group tag
> should make it clear that this is a group :) Streets, houses, what ever do
> it the same way.

The type tag is there on all established relations to make relations easier
_machine_ readable. Any program can look at the type tag to see which tag is
the "main" tag of the relation. Otherwise all programs would have to maintain
a list of relation-types themselves or look at some centrally maintained
list.

--
m.v.g.,
Cartinus