On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 12:28 +0100, Chris Morley wrote:
> Can somebody help to find out what has gone wrong with my system?
> (Windows XP, ZoneAlarm Firewall).
>
> With Firefox 3 (which is generally working as expected) the Mapnik
> tiles at http://www.openstreetmap.org don't display - just the logo
> and "...more OSM coming soon" (yuk). Osmarender, the Cyclemap, NoNames
> all display ok. With Internet Explorer and Firefox 2, Mapnik is ok,
> but it is not with some other programs,
> http://www.informationfreeway.org,
> http://geo.topf.org/comparison/index.html and http://sautter.com/map/.
>
> This behaviour may have started when I had to re-install Firefox 2 to
> get the Yahoo image background in JOSM. The firewall doesn't report
> blocking anything relevant, as far as I can see.
>
> Any suggestions?

You say other applications work. This makes me think that maybe you
accidentally added tile.openstreetmap.org to either adblock or blocked
images from this domain.

If all else fails, try creating a new profile.
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Managing+profiles

The Mapnik layer definitely works fine in FF3. I use it all the time.

        Jon