Ian Dees wrote:
> there's got to be
> somewhere on this great planet of ours where a highway=motorway_link or
> highway=motorway is not oneway=yes, but it is safe to assume that when
> highway=*, motorcar=yes is always safe to assume.

Oh, there definitely are places where highway=motorway is not oneway=yes
-- but in those cases they can be tagged with oneway=no.  That does put
a greater burden of tagging on people in those areas, but IMO it's
better to place that burden on 5% or so of mappers than to put it on
100% of mappers.

highway=* isn't always motorcar=yes, either.  There's a table at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/OSM_tags_for_routing/Access-Restrictions

which describes the restrictions.  (Note: I did not create it.)