On Friday 17 October 2008, Gert Gremmen wrote:
> In general roads have been drawn too wide.
> While it is difficult to draw roads "on scale"
> in terms of width, the new mapnik style is too wide.

Since we're now discussing some mapnik style changes, here are some:

* You should render tunnels (or better: the tunnel casings) above
everything else. If a tunnel is under a street (like many metros) it
becomes invisible now.

* there's no difference anymore between industrial and residential since
the last update for zoom level 13 and lower.

* casings for trunk/primary/secondary and living streets are absolutely
necessary IMHO

* train stations have almost become invisible in the latest update, and
especially train halts (which also have the name in black and not in
blue like the stations btw). Train stations should have been more
visible as well in the previous mapnik style.

* natural=wood and landuse=forest should render the same

* highway=pedestrian with area=yes doesn't connect with other highways.
See
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.219112&lon=4.401669&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF
for example to see what I mean.

* highway=pedestrian is rendered too thin. These are usually normal
streets (albeit without car access) and should render something like
highway=living_street (i.e. like a plain residential road width but
gray)

ok, those are the first issues I can think of, maybe more to follow :-)

Greetings
Ben