> Anyway, it seems that the new data is substantially better than the old
> in some places.  What I'd like to do is twofold:
>
> 1. regenerate .osm files for all the new TIGER data
> 2. Compare new .osm files to old TIGER data plus stuff edited in OSM
>
> Then, decide how if/when it is appropriate to write over the old TIGER
> stuff with new.  Or, to merge it somehow.

Comparison and merge tools of different OSM data sets is going to be very
useful beyond just TIGER.

We're importing more and more external data sets (UN, Canada), and want an easy
way to take advantage of updates.
Offline/low bandwidth modes of OSM are going to be necessary to map in remote
areas & humanitarian relief operations,
and will require an merge tool set as well.

Diff of wiki text is relatively easy. What sorts of ideas do we have for
representing diffs of mapping data?
Any ideas on feasibility of a JOSM plugin?

Mikel