On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 11:53 PM, Nic Roets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> * When a person signs up to OSM, ask him a few multiple choice questions to
> make sure he has the mastered the basics.

I think the barrier for entry for OSM is already too high, just
signing up probably deters a lot of useful committers already who'd
otherwise have made small and useful changes (see e.g. how many useful
one-off edits Wikipedia gets). Making new users undergo some sort of
test they'd have to study for would mean even fewer users
contributing.