On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 6:19 AM, Cartinus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A while ago (last spring?) the coastline error checker displayed an error for
> the coastlines of very small islands where there was actually nothing wrong
> with the coastline. I thought this bug in the coastline error checker was
> fixed then, because the Great Lakes area has once been completely error free.
> But now the same error is back:
>
> <http://tile.openstreetmap.nl/coastlines.html?zoom=16&lat=41.74778&lon=-83.43057&layers=0B0T>

Not sure if it was exactly this problem, but it is due to the size. I
don't know if the word "island" is appropriate, more likely a large
rock :) Did someone actually get on to the thing to measure it? It's
certainly way smaller that you can accurately measure with a GPS
device.

I'm looking for the cause. The bit of code I thought it would be
doesn't appear to be it after all.

Does it actually make sense to tag such things as coastline anyway?

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> http://svana.org/kleptog/