> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 10:49:05 +0000
> From: Steve Chilton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Where have all the contributors gone?
> To: "Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, osm
> <talk@openstreetmap.org>
>

> Use the excellent OSM Inspector. There is loads you can do to sort out
> errant geometry for instance.

I've been looking at this for the past couple of weeks. I'd almost finished
sorting out all of the UK geometry problems marked outside of the London
area - however, I leave it for about 3 days, and the number of geometry
problems have increased again, with new problems being created. Most of
these are either mistakes or oddities in the way some people go about
tagging: there are many places with roads that don't connect to any others -
many roads which have several ways layered on-top of each other, mostly
using the same nodes - I even found one place where one-way roads were
overlayed on top of each other in different directions.

There is plenty to fix out there.