Hi all,
Such great feedback from my latest 'rant: importing GeoBase nodes'
Thanks :)
What this did was sparked some major issues that need to be addressed.
I think this is more important, than going deeper on that rant.

I created a new wiki page "Importing Government Data"
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Importing_Government_Data

This is a way for us all can try to summerize the issues, and answer
the questions that would (most likely) be asked from any country /
region considering importing government data.

The section i didn't expand on is about the scripts used in actually
importing the data these can be shown on the page. (hopefully people
can help out) http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Government_Data_Import_Script

Because there are a lot of overlap in the past discussions, hopefully
this page will be able to compare the issues from TIGER & AND, as well
as the other import projects (that i'm not aware of)

I hope that i touched on most of the issues raised.

Please to edit the wiki page, and reply back, as comments are how this
project will keep going :)

I'll get back to you all when i figure out a better solution than the
'nodes import' idea. :)

Cheers,
Sam Vekemns
Across Canada Trails