hi,

currently i generate reports of unmapped / sparsely mapped places (in
germany) here:  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Unkartografiert

i am using the program:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Unmapped_Places

from my point of view it is only a matter of (short) time until we don't
get useful information anymore (at least for germany). then we will have
to look at quality rather than quantity to further improve the map.

therefore i would like to enhance the program but i need some good input
and ideas there. not only do i need ideas for data and calculation but
also for the presentation of the data.

i can imagine gathering and calculating the following things (only first
ideas!):

- number ways (even separated by type)
- number of nodes and ways with tags (and ratio)
- number FIXME tags and the like

but what will these numbers tell us then? we would need to set them in
relation to something...

i think i could calculate some distribution tables for certain data for
each place type. as a reference maybe.

so if you have any ideas, let me know!

cheers

gerhard