On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 7:52 AM, Tanveer Singh <tanveer1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> what is sad about it? In India only the very big cities have yahoo imagery -
>> and work is going on fairly well there. The rest of the country is a big
>> blank, and GPS instruments are not all that affordable. As the price falls,
>> things will improve.

"and work is going on fairly well there"

I wonder who decides what the correct "pace" is? If it were up to me
i'd like the whole world mapped at street level yesterday. I'd prefer
to accelerate the process as much as possible so that we can start
mapping other things... or better yet, help out in other useful
related projects. I'm never one to be satisfied with the way things
are, and hence hold back. The sooner everything that's in Yahoo
imagery is mapped, the sooner we can put that behind us and move to
the next step (focusing on rural data perhaps? - not that is has to be
done separately:P).

Just a thought.