Ted Mielczarek wrote:

> I went to look at an area I edited last week in the Mapnik
> rendering, and noticed it looked wrong. I thought maybe my edits
> hadn't been picked up somehow, so I looked at the data view on the
> slippy map. It matched the rendering. So I thought maybe Potlatch
> had failed me and not saved my edits. I clicked "Edit", and
> Potlatch showed the data as I remembered editing it. So somehow
> Potlatch has a view of this data that doesn't match the API. Anyone
> know what's gone wrong (and how to fix it)?

Basically, if the server goes a bit boggly (under high load), it's
possible for an operation to abort halfway through - because we don't
have transactions - and so a way gets to contain deleted nodes.
Potlatch and (from memory) the API history call will show the deleted
nodes, the API map call won't. lists.osm.org appears to be down as I
write this but it's been discussed several times in the past.

The easy fix is to edit the way with Potlatch, make some sort of
change (maybe drag a point away, then back again), then deselect to
force an upload.

cheers
Richard