2009/1/23 Pieren <pier...@gmail.com>:
> Looking backward into archives, it seems that only one or two persons
> are blocking the change...
> I know one friend who stopped contributing to the project when he saw
> his work anonymously downgraded and how easy it was. Probably he is
> not the only one in this case.
>
> All arguments have been already presented and discussed x time and
> nothing change. I don't know what else we can do to convince them.

Who's blocking it?!

It's been impossible to create any new anonymous users since the hack
day about a year ago anyway [1]. The only thing that needs doing is
denying edits if the user's public flag isn't set, with a suitable
error code. Submit 1x patch against API 0.6 / API 0.5 is my
suggestion.

Dave

[1] http://trac.openstreetmap.org/changeset/7634