LeedsTracker schrieb:
> Hello all
>
> How should covered reservoirs be tagged?
>
> I noticed man_made=reservoir_covered is in the JOSM presets and map
> features, though a page doesn't exist for it.

IIRC, the man_made=reservoir_covered was existing before these "key
pages" were introduced. And no one cared about a dedicated page till now.

> I see here:
> http://tagwatch.stoecker.eu/Great_britain/En/tags.html
> that 47 examples exist in GB.
>
> I found no discussion of this tag on the lists pages - perhaps it just
> emerged through usage.

I guess that's the case here.

> But this page:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse%3Dreservoir
> ...says landuse=reservoir can be covered or uncovered.
>
> Mapnik renders reservoirs blue, which could be intuitively misleading
> for covered reservoirs.
>
> It also seems odd to have one type in man_made and the other in landuse.

I think this is not really documented anywhere.

> Any thoughts? Or should I stop worrying and create a page for
> man_made=reservoir_covered ?

Of course, you can create a page here. Problem is, if you write down
what this *could* mean this may not reflect other peoples point of view
on this feature.

Regards, ULFL