Hi all,

I've started adding architects names to buildings in Manchester (based on a
combination of local history sources and Wikipedia), and so thought I'd
better document the tag I'm using in case others want to do the same:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:architect

The only problem I could think of was whether the key should be singular or
plural. I got the feeling that the singular would match existing tags
better.

Looking through Tagwatch I noticed that both artist=* and artist_name=* have
been used (presumably for public sculptures and art installation), and I did
wonder whether architect_name=* would be better. It seems that
artist_name=*  matches old_name=*  better, but on the other hand it's not
particularly ambiguous having artist=* or architect=*.

Any thoughts?

Frankie

--
Frankie Roberto