On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 10:20 PM, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamp...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> First of all, you should NEVER remove anything from the database, unless
> you have made certain by your own eye that the object in question is an
> error and not existing in reality! Even than take care not to remove
> anything marked as abandoned or alike, that marks this object was once
> here and the info is kept for historical reasons.

I would disagree with this statement in this particular case. The data is
TIGER data, not entered by a human, and there are plenty of errors in the
TIGER data. I routinely delete unnamed highway=residential ways from TIGER
after a brief look at the aerial imagery. It's one thing to delete something
that someone else manually entered, it's another thing entirely to delete
something that came along with a mass import from a data source with known
flaws.

-Ted