As I understand the Karlsruhe schema you are allowed to tag
addr:housenumbers with non-numeric characters (e.g: "120b") so there
is no reason you couldn't tag a node "1 to 500" or "1–500".

I suppose you could use addr:housename = "1 to 500" but that seems a
bit counter-intuitive.

PaulY

--
Tel: +44(0) 7814 517 807