According to the "map features" the tag power=line may be completed by a tag
"wires=single|double|triple|quad". I have some doubts about the meaning of
"wires" in this case. "Map features" say about the "wires" tag:

> Number of wires per power cable. "single" (1), "double" (2), "triple" (3)
> or "quad" (4). The number of cables may be specified using power=cables.

Obviously "power=cables" is a mistake; it should probably be
"cables=[number]".

Please could some native speakers tell me whether this interpretation is
correct:

A "power line" is a set of cables hanging between "power towers"; each cable
may consist of one or more wires. Thus a German 110 kV line named "0802"
with 6 cables [plus one neutral conductor?], each consisting of a single
wire, may be tagged as:

  power=line
  cables=6
  wires=single
  ref=0802

Because of the scarce documentation of "power=cables" some people started to
tag e.g. "wires=6*single". I think this should be changed to cable=6,
wires=single. Am I right?

Hatto