http://www.stateofthemap.org/2009/03/25/help-us-make-a-logo/

The SOTM working group is pleased to announce a call for logo designs.
Our existing logos have served us well and the time is right to look
further afield to make sure we have the best design possible. We’ve
put together a Design Brief[1] which outlines what we’re looking for
in a logo. We invite you to either build a logo yourself, rope in some
friends/co-workers or use a site like elance.com[2] and a spare £/$/
€50 and get a freelancer to have a go.

The logo must be licensed CC-BY-SA[3] and received by email within two
weeks (by midnight Wednesday 8th April UK time.

The SOTM team can’t wait to see your entries!

[1] -
http://www.stateofthemap.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/sotm_logo_design_brief.pdf
[2] - http://www.elance.com/
[3] - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/