Guenther Meyer schrieb:
> Am Montag 30 März 2009 schrieb Adrian Moisey:
>> Hi

>>> wh have a key for sports facilites, so why not sport=gym?
>> There are no tags for 'sport=work-out' or 'sport=gym'.
>> Also, a Gym isn't a sports_centre, its an actual building designed for
>> Gymning.
>>
> right. so you have to create a new one.
> as most gyms are not part of a sports centre, tagging leisure=sports_centre
> for every gym would be wrong.
>
> a gym is used for physical workout, so sport is better suited than amenity.
> sport=gym (only this, whithout leisure=...) says everything needed to
> basically describe and categorize this facilities, so it should be better
> than amenity=gym.

No one is talking about amenity here! :-)

The current logic is:

1.) leisure=xy for the facility (stadium, pitch, sports_centre,
golf_course, ...)

2.) sport=xy for the actual sport done here

I don't think we need different leisure tags for tennis_halls,
boxing_clubs, ... when we already have a working solution.

The advantage of the current system is the renderers not interested in
showing different kinds of sports_centres can simply render only this
tag generically and ignoring the sport tag altogether - at least all
facilities will then show up on the map in question.

Regards, ULFL