Thanks Ian,

What I would really like is not to remove clouds automatically, but to be able
to specify several circles of exclusion; around but not quite centred on my
home, my workplace, and certain relatives houses from which I have started and
ended many tracks. I'd then like to be able to easily process large numbers of
files in a batch with this.

It's not necessarily true that there are massive clouds in each individual file
(though some probably do), but you end up with a cloud from all the files added
together that clearly indicate where you live/work etc, and produces an area on
the map where a cloud hides useful data.

Ideally users would be able to save the exclusion zones they have set, to make
processing future files easier.

It is rarely useful to save large numbers of points from route outside these
locations as the chances are they will already have been thoroughly mapped.

Regards,

David