On Apr 22, 2009, at 10:02 AM, Pieren wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Frederik Ramm
>> I can only hope that such childish protest behaviour is not the
>> norm in OSM.
>>

> It makes me angry because you and one or two other guys refuse to
> understand that you cannot force people writing meaningful comments

True.  The requirement that the comment be non-null is a reminder to
get people into the habit.  And just as some people are putting "fuck
you" into their JOSM changesets, more people (I speculate) are leaving
their Potlatch comments empty.  So if you ignore the meaningless
comments, and consider null to be equally meaningless, then (again, I
speculate) JOSM is getting more meaningful comments.

--
Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog -
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:RussNelson