El Sábado, 16 de Mayo de 2009, Valent Turkovic escribió:
> My reasoning was that the images are already available to yahoo but
> that they don't enable it for whole planet, and that only urban areas
> have enabled high-resolution images.

How do you come to the conclusion that Y! has already aerial imagery for the
whole planet? Y! isn't a business based on cartography, you know. They have
to purchase the images in bulk just as everyone else.

> How come that Hungary has such detailed high resolution images? Did
> Hungarian government pay loads of money to Yahoo?

No. Y! paid loads of money to GeoEye and I-Cubed.

--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <i...@sanchezortega.es>

http://ivan.sanchezortega.es
Proudly running Debian Linux with 2.6.29-1-amd64 kernel, KDE 3.5.10, and PHP
5.2.9-2 generating this signature.
Uptime: 20:52:43 up 6 days,  4:51,  5 users,  load average: 2.92, 2.71, 2.57