Some of you may know the Desktop Summit in Gran Canaria that is taking place
this summer just before State of the Map.  At
http://www.j5live.com/2009/05/15/public-map-for-the-2009-gran-canaria-desktop-
summit/ you can read a blog about how one of the organizers used google maps
to create a map application for this event.

I tried to steer him to OpenStreetMap, but he found it difficult to use. I
provide this link so that either somebody who is more knowledgeable than me
can point him in the right direction *or* that we can learn some needs of a
non-OSM contributor.

No flames on his blog please, just solid info if there is any.

        -Inge