Radomir Cernoch schrieb:

> Ok, then why should we have the polygons?
>
> ** It models the law more accurately.*
this assumption is not correct.
Indeed it more incorrect than tagging trafficzone=* on the Ways itself,
becasue nether private property nor public parcs, nor anykind of other
tracks are part of the official traffic-zone, but with a polygon you
implies this, and thats a big incorrectness.

So tagging it on each way is:

- much more accurate
- easier for beginners, becasue the only need to know 3 Tags: highway,
trafficzone, and maxspeed (for explicit restriction)
- easier for applications because they do not need polygons at all (e.g.
for routing or speed-controlling)

Regards
 Mario