Joe Richards wrote:
> I've been enjoying sketching/tracing from Yahoo aerial imagery in Potlatch
> (hey some people knit or do crosswords, I find _this_ relaxing!).  I recently
> discovered that the default 'highway' tag for roads taken from imagery is
> highway=road (_not_ highway=unclassified as would seem logical!)
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Yahoo!_Aerial_Imagery#How_to_sketch.3F
>
> If that is the case, why does Potlatch not offer highway=road as one of its
> presents, under the little car icon?

You're thinking of the wrong "unclassified". Unclassified here does not mean
the
road in OSM is not classified, or does not have a better designation, it means
that it is designated as "unclassified" (that is: not motorway, primary,
secondary, tertiaty) in the real world.

The OSM equivalent of a road for which the correct designation is not know is
road.
So Potlatch does it as it should.

See also <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dunclassified>

Regards,