I thought of another wanter feature for 0.7 API

Retrieving deleted objects, similarly like it is done in potlatch.
Currently only potlatch can do this and since potlatch does not work
well with larger areas (it is way too slow) and does not support many
features that JOSM have (WMS, plugins, loading/saving to disk, gpx
tracks, gpx waypoints ....), it is not good for more  advanced users

Potlatch can also only resurrect deleted ways, it could be sometimes
useful to be able to resurrect deleted nodes in this way too.

Basically, the API call should have bbox as input and return all
deleted ways (and perhaps also nodes) as output. I think it should
return last existing version of that objects before deletion.

Martin