Mmmm text ordering. One of my least favourite problems to sort out.

I've generally gone for the principle that all cycling information has
to show up at some point, and in the case you link to it's the node
network numbers that "bump off" the town names. I recently changed
things around so that cycle route "shields" don't take off town names
so it looks like I need to rethink node numbers as well. The problem
is when there is a node number right beside the town name node they
need to swap around at one zoom level or another.

Cheers,
Andy