Hi,

Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> Frederik Ramm wrote:
>> That's the point I was trying to make - do not hog all the bugs in
>> one central place and allow users to do only what you have coded;
>> instead open this up so that anybody can hook their app into the
>> user interface to offer functionality.
>
> I'd kind of taken that as read - if you're going to have a REST API for it,
> then of course there's going to be read as well as write operations. Just as
> with the rest of OSM.

If Steve's intention is to set up something without any user interface,
just a clearinghouse for machines to dump their data and other machines
to access them, then you are right.

If the plan is to create something that actually interfaces with humans
who want to check their area for bugs, then what you would need is
something where an application can not only upload the bug to the
clearinghouse but also say something like: "And please if someone views
that bug, offer them the following link that leads back to my
application so the user can use my cool functionality which I have
implemented in MUMPS for assisted bug fixing", or even "click that link
to be directed to the application which created this bug to read more
about it."

Bye
Frederik