On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 12:14:23 +0200, Stefan de Konink <ste...@konink.de>
wrote:

> marcus.wolsc...@googlemail.com wrote:
>> So, how do you rectify your photos?
>
> Hugin is very capable of doing it now; but we are actually planning to
> extend it to make a more user friendly interface.

It seems to be a tool to stich together panoramas.
I cannot find any indication that it can output
e.g. GeoTIFF . How do you load a map into Hugin
to rectify against and how to you keep track of
the coordinates of the map you imported?

>> I tried to find a way quite a while ago but could not find
>> any tools to do it that did not require weeks of intensive
>> learning.
>> Not a single graphical tool that allowed clicking on matching
>> points at all.
>
> Did you see the webbased tools th basically show you al already
> rectified image from for example Yahoo, Google, etc. and you mark this
> point on your photo?

I saw one such tool but it was down for maintenance for weeks
until I gave up.

Marcus