Simon Wood wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 12:14:45 +0200
>
> Ivo van den Maagdenberg <ivo.vdmaagdenb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Just noticed a marked scenic route for cars. Any suggestions for the
> > route tag fort the relation that could mark this kind of routes?
> >
> > name=..., type=route, route=car
>
> I have been using:
> <tag k="route" v="road"/>
> <tag k="type" v="route"/>

That would work, if it wasn't the case that those tags are now in use for road
number "routes", so all E-roads in Europe have a route=road relation for
example, and several countries have them for many more road numbers.

This is something completely different obviously. I'd say route=motorcar would
be a good option (to be consistent with existing route=bicycle and route=foot
for cycle and walking routes).

Ben