--- On Tue, 14/7/09, Sam Vekemans <acrosscanadatra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> With a mighty mouse-click, we can import 30,000
> tower=smooth tags :@)
> -but of course we wont. (OK, bad joke)

Jokes aside that isn't actually far fetched since the ACMA (Australian
Communications and Media Authority) has a big database of this information
available, although I'm not sure of the license on the data and I don't really
want to be the one responsible for importing it either for that matter.

>From memory their system exports to CSV format with the frequency, the lat/lon
>maybe alt and elevation information too.

The important bit is this, not all of these will be free standing GSM type base
stations, some will be base stations installed on buildings/power poles, others
are installed on water towers. Now that I think about the specifics of GSM
antenna installations, it just re-enforces my thoughts that this should really
be man_made=tower, tower:type= ...