On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 12:26 PM, John Smith<delta_foxt...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I think everyone is thinking of this in one of 2 ways, it's either an
> attribute of the bridge, or a restriction of the way under the bridge.

Agreed. And it's clear that both ways of thinking are probably valid.

> As for using a node to indicate maxheight, this seems to me to be a very
> clean way of dealing with it, since any routing software would only need one
> obstacle to reject that section of way and find another path.

Can you please explain exactly what you mean by "using a node to
indicate maxheight"? This seems to be different from the posts which
seemed to suggest tagging, e.g. sections of motorway between exits,
etc. Like I said, my main argument for tagging the bridge is that it's
unambiguous and easy to implement and maintain.

If you have a consistent scheme for tagging the ways which pass under
bridges, which is unambiguous and easy to implement and maintain,
please share and document on the wiki :)

Cheers,
Roy