2009/8/2 John Smith <delta_foxt...@yahoo.com>:
>> list" but before annoying everyone on that list, I thought
>> that which is the
>> preferred tag should be decided.
>
> JOSM has numerous tags that aren't "official"
>
> Speaking of which, can anyone think of a better way to put aren't listed on
> the map features wiki page in a concise manner?

I would in this particular case agree with Liz: the principles for
naming amenity tags clearly state "butcher not butchers"
but JOSM has in presets amenity=doctors which violates that principle.

Let's change this for consistency.

tagwatch has ~2700 "doctors" and ~200 "doctor"s. If JOSM-Preset was
changed this would IMHO change rapidly. It is absolutely strange that
Mapfeatures (complete compilation) has the entry "amenity=doctors"
(plural) but then redirects to Proposed features/Doctor (not in
plural).

cheers,
Martin