Hi,

Roy Wallace wrote:
> The sign says "4WD ONLY" - I therefore suggest that 4wd_only is indeed
> the correct terminology, at least in regions (e.g. Australia) where
> the sign appears as such and the phrase is in common use.

What is the legal status of these signs? Are you liable to a fine if you
proceed with a 2WD car, or is it just that the insurance won't pay if
you do and get stuck? Or are they just meant as an advice to drivers?

What about motorcycles?

Maybe it makes sense to use a variation of the "motorcar" tag which is
already widely used to model car access (e.g. highway=tertiary,
motorcar=4wdonly - or even highway=tertiary, motorcar=no,
motorcar:4wd=yes or something)?

Bye
Frederik