Hey my name is Austin Martin, I recently got registered on OpenStreetMap
(wiki and map), because I heard about it on FLOSS Weekly, Wednesday (though
I have volunteered to help FLOSS projects for a while now, know how most
work, and have heard about/visited the site before). So I thought I might
introduce myself and ask a few questions.

What is a recommended GPS (low lost, but with average features), or commonly
used one with the people of OSM?

Also, does OSM need a collective icon set, because by looking at this:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Map_Features. It seems like just a random
mishmash of icons, but maybe I'm wrong on this.. However if I'm right, I
would love to work on this to create a similar stylized icon set custom for
OSM (and projects using OSM data..).

Finally if someone can please inform me on any current projects related to
art or promotion, because that's generally what I like to contribute.
(Though of course mapping will be done..)

I guess that's all, hopefully I can make some nice contributions to OSM,
Austin Martin