On 06/08/2009, at 12:58 AM, Renaud Martinet wrote:
> There has been a lot of discussion on the talk-fr list but once we
> came to a consensus,
> it was easy to put in place because we have our own MapFeatures
> page. Probably
> you should have one also...

That might work for countries where English isn't the main language,
but I doubt it would work for Australia and similar countries. I would
guess that many people would just read the general MapFeatures pages
and follow their interpretation of that, rather than notice the small
links to a country-specific page.

It'd probably be impossible to find out, but it would be interesting
to know how many Australian mappers (not just those here or on talk-
au) actually know about the Australian Tagging Guidelines page. I had
been doing some mapping in OSM for about two months before I happened
to stumble upon it, but in that time I misinterpreted several things
that were written using UK/European terms.