From: Vikas Yadav [mailto:vi...@thevikas.com]
Sent: 26 July 2009 17:35
To: Karl Newman
Cc: osm-talk
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] park barrier

Exactly this: Full-height turnstiles in the same wikipedia page.
Ones here are just a metre high without a roof.

Ill use barrier=stile for these gates.

Thanks a lot.
Vikas

2009/7/26 Karl Newman <siliconfi...@gmail.com>

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 8:16 AM, John Smith <delta_foxt...@yahoo.com> wrote:

--- On Sun, 26/7/09, ヴィカス ヤダワ (vikas yadav) <mevi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is there a park barrier like this:
> Like its made of metal, circular in shape, two
> perpendicular diagonals separator, rotates and prevents any
> sort of vehicles including cycles to be brought in.
> Only one person can enter at a time.
>

> I checked the http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Barrier
> but could not locate it.

barrier=stile?

The definition of that tag on the wiki is exactly what I imagined a "stile"
to be, but that's not quite what he's describing. He's talking about a
turnstile (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnstile). I suppose barrier=stile
could apply, but if that's the case the wiki should be updated to show that
variant.

Karl