Am Samstag 08 August 2009 14:42:43 schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:
> An example from the result of the current tidy-points-function here:
> http://trac.openstreetmap.org/attachment/ticket/2148/090808_potlatch_tidy-p
>oints_.png

In this case it looks more like an error of the tidy-function, or at least it
having wrong parameters. Most of the nodes in the back of the linkway are
indeed collinear and can probably be removed without loss of precision.

Personally, I almost never use this function. There were a few cases where
someone seems to have converted a GPX track, or where it was clear that the
excessive amount of nodes was wrong, because I knew the concerning area.

Regards, Marc