2009/8/10 noh way jose <noh.way.j...@dsl.pipex.com>:
> Issues:
> Multiple, presumably high resolution, maps overlaying the same space. One per
> floor.
> How to get unencumbered by copyright floor plans

Yes, would be great. But why are you unencumbered by copyright?
Usually who drew the plan owns the copyright (at least in Germany but
I guess in many countries). Get the architects to give their plans
(just basic ones would be sufficient, even 1:200) or use old ones
(there is, at least in Europe, a lot of old buildings and the more
interesting they are, the easier it is generally to get the plans
(books, etc.)).

> Opportunities:
> Hospitals, College, Government, public or business buildings

sure, would also be great for complex trainstations / underground
installations, and many other. I'm thinking of getting some detailed
but of-of-copyright surveys of archeologic sites into the main
database (you can find them in old travel-guides, scientific
publications, old books, etc.).

cheers,
Martin