Mappers have in the past put in stubs with a few nodes tailing off, to state that there is something here that needs to be surveyed further.

Shaun

On 14 Aug 2009, at 09:52, Mike Harris wrote:

Good idea - but can we do it simply by adding the stub of a way at the
relevant point?

Mike Harris

-----Original Message-----
From: Morten Kjeldgaard [mailto:m...@bioxray.au.dk]
Sent: 13 August 2009 23:34
To: Talk Openstreetmap
Subject: [OSM-talk] OSM status POIs?

I realized when mapping today that it would be very useful to have a set of OSM status POIs that you could use to mark the status of the mapping at
certain places.

I find I sometimes have to skip roads, tracks or paths, because I am too tired, don't have time, or that I'm going at good speed downhill and don't
want to stop. I've tried to make mental notes to return and map those
missing roads at a later time but as time goes by, you tend to forget.

It would be very useful to have a POI saying for example "unmapped
highway/path etc. starts here". Then you could check out and select those points in your area, and they would serve as a reminder to you (or others
coming along) that there's something here not yet mapped.

These POIs would also serve as "bite-size" mapping projects if you're
looking for quick things to do in your area.

I guess there are other instances where an OSM status POIs would be useful.

Cheers,
Morten