Erik Lundin schreef:
> I know RC helicopters as potential aerial photo source has been
> discussed before, but today I read about some helicopter from DraganFly
> and didn't find anything about them on the lists. They seem to be very
> interesting for our purposes.
>
> http://www.draganfly.com/

They are far to expensive. Currently we (openstreetphoto) are looking at
big Electroglyders. Shortly we will have some snapshots from a smaller
one. The one that is in the progres to be build will have a spawn of
around 3 meters and could potentially carry a digital reflex camera.

If you want to go Quadcopter I strongly suggest to go for a real open
source project. Because you will not realise how much it will annoy you
if you have to change something but can't do it because the platform is
closed.

Stefan