Tom Chance wrote:
> Please vote on this proposal:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Miniature_railway
>
> Miniature railways have track gauges from 2.5" (64mm) to 7.25" (184mm) and
> usually carry passengers. Passengers usually ride on top of the carriages not
> in them. These are sometimes found in parks, public/private gardens and
> tourist attractions.
>
> This differs greatly from narrow gauge which has a gauge on average of 3.5'
> (1067mm) and passengers travel in carriages.
>
> This also differs from model railways which have a track width less than 2.5"
> (64mm) and don't carry passengers.

I'd recommend synchronising this with wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miniature_railway

A lot of work has been done there between the various types of model/miniature
railway, and that page has a fairly comprehensive list of 'ridable' miniature
railways. Separate form narrow gauge which tend to be 'full size'

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL