From: Richard Mann [mailto:richard.mann.westoxf...@googlemail.com]
Sent: 21 August 2009 08:16
To: talk@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Selecting cycleways

You could also assume byway and track (tracktype=grade1/grade2, at least)
are available for cyclists (neither would be likely to have bicycle access
specified).

Richard

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Tobias Knerr <o...@tobias-knerr.de> wrote:

Rahkonen Jukka wrote:

> Cartinus wrote:
>> You'd want to exclude cycleway=opposite as well, because that is just
>> removing the oneway restriction for bicycles.
>
> But isn't it still kind of a cycleway and thus worth making it visible
> on a cyclemap?

I forgot cycleway=opposite in my first reply, but it really isn't a
cycleway. Imo, "cycleway" is a bad choice of key for this, something
like oneway:bicycle=no would be much more appropriate.
Unlike cycleway=opposite_lane and cycleway=opposite_track, there isn't
any road or section of road specifically intended for bicycles, so it
isn't more of a cycleway than any ordinary road.

Of course, a cyclemap should still make sure to visibly indicate whether
an oneway rule applies to bicycles.

Tobias Knerr