2009/8/23 Tobias Knerr <o...@tobias-knerr.de>:
> I believe the best way to solve this is to create a new top-level (that
> is, highway) value for all variants of conveyor transport. So, for
> example, we could do:

Is this intended to be only for human transport?  I know of some quite
lengthy conveyors for goods - eg coal, grain etc. There's two main
types, belt and screw, and I've seen a mix of both. Escalators and
travelators are both belt conveyors.  I don't know if we want to try
and differentiate for goods use, or just lump them together under
something like "conveyor=goods, type = grain/coal/gravel/etc".  We
certainly want to make it easy for routing programs to differentiate
between goods and human ones.

Stephen