2009/8/26 James Livingston <doc...@mac.com>:
> On 26/08/2009, at 7:31 PM, Liz wrote:
>> we've had a lot of trouble in Au because group X decided that
>> unmarked was
>> landsat and they would mark survey, and group Y decided that
>> unmarked was
>> survey and they would mark landsat
>
> I take the approach that unmarked is landsat, yahoo, or something else
> that deserves to be checked/improved unless there is a public GPS trace.

I'd say the only thing you know for sure is that the source is unknown
unless it is explicitly tagged. I wouldn't assume anything besides
that. There are people who don't upload their traces (i personally
always do) and who have all rights to not do it.

>> could we simply extend source=survey with a year
>> and source=landsat similarly?
>>
>> source=survey09
>> source=landsat_trace09
>> source=yahoo_trace08
>
> That sounds like a good plan.

you can easily get this information by looking at the history (or even
render a custom map to display the age), but feel free to add it ;-)

cheers,
Martin