Peter Körner <osm-lists <at> mazdermind.de> writes:

>><http://cassini.toolserver.org/~mazder/multilingual-country-list/>

>In short: a list of the languages a wikipedia exists for

OK - so it doesn't use Wikipedia data for anything except a list of language
codes.

>Those translations will later be used for
>localized maps on wikipedia (see [3] for an old preview with many
>missing translations).

That's really cool, I think localized maps are an important benefit of OSM.

Could the tool be extended to support names of cities?  For these, a percentage
completion indicator makes little sense, since most city names are not
translated, but there are still a hundred or so worldwide which do have their
own
name in most major languages.

--
Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com>