On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 5:21 PM, John Smith<deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/8/28 Roy Wallace <waldo000...@gmail.com>:
>
>> Ok, I understand. Do you have any antibiotics?
>
> If have an answer or not doesn't matter, the OSM community is more
> than the sum of it's parts and some people may already have experience
> with other systems that do do this already and may be able to offer
> insight into how to do it best. The important thing is to discuss it
> and come up with a suitable solution, this won't be quick or easy but
> is the right thing to do.
>
>> If you don't (at least in the foreseeable future), in the meantime I
>> could really do with some pain killers.
>
> That's really the wrong attitude, we need to solve a very fundemental
> problem and applying a multitude of half solutions is the wrong way to
> handle the situation and it leaves things in worst shape going into
> the future.

I actually think it leaves things in slightly better shape - like me
tagging a post box outside, or tagging my addr:housenumber. Sure, it's
a "half solution" to mapping the entire world, but this is OSM for
goodness sake. You are right, though, that tagging things
*ambiguously* does indeed leave things in worse shape - but that is
certainly not what I am suggesting!

But anyway, you seem to be insisting that I not tag any stop signs
until we have a solution to the "fundamental problem". I have no idea
for that, unfortunately, but I'm all ears.